Hello beautiful people, I have started my brand new series on my Instagram stories (@tasteofthebear). Every Sunday morning I will make something out of what I currently have in my kitchen. Here’s what I did for the first week: Sweet potato hash with sausage and eggs.
- 3 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 sausage, slices
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- fresh herbs for garnishing
1. In a large bowl, toss diced veggies with olive oil (don’t drench it), salt, paprika, garlic powder and pepper
2. Transfer everything to a baking tray, bake for 20 mins at 385F or 200C. You can also cook it on a heavy skillet (ideally cast iron)
3. After 20 mins, take the tray out, toss the mixture again, add on sausage, bake for an extra 10 mins
4. After 10 mins, take the tray out once again, make indentations for the eggs, crack eggs into the indentations
5. Bake for an additional 10 mins until the egg whites are set
To see the method videos (step by step), head over to my Instagram stories highlights!
The recipe was inspired from Amanda Fredrickson. I twisted it a bit as there were several ingredients I didn’t have in my fridge.